The Office of Indian Energy is holding two Workshops in the SWAMC region this spring:
Unalaska: February 7-8, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Burma Road Chapel
Kodiak: May 15-16, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Koniag Building
- How projects can help address community energy challenges and advance energy goals
- Effective strategies and tactics for identifying potential funding and financing opportunities, overcoming challenges, and gaining community buy-in
- Experience-based insights and lessons learned from other Native villages.
- Regional energy issues and an overview of the state’s regional energy plan
- Frameworks for strategic energy planning and project development
- Project financing options in the Alaskan context
- Energy technology and energy efficiency basics
- Strategies for effective energy project communications and outreach.
There is no cost to attend the workshops, but participants are responsible for their own lodging, meals, and travel costs.
Find more information on the Workshops web page.